We wish to express our very grateful thanks to many people who have contributed to ELI,
especially to the following for writing a complete draft activity:-
- Cynthia Burek, Professor of Geoconservation, University of Chester ELI - Mary Anning, Mother of Palaeontology
- José Sellés Martínez - AulaGEA, a service for teachers and learners of the Dept. of Geology of the University of Buenos Aires ELI - Merry waves - all year round; modelling how the energy of seismic waves is transmitted
- Eileen van der Flier-Keller, Associate Professor at the School of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Victoria, Canada ELI - Bubble-mania - clues to magma viscosity and eruptions
- Daniel Reis and fellow students studying for Masters’ degrees in Biology and Geology at the University of Oporto, Portugal ELI - Identifying minerals - use your sense(s)!
- Mike Parker, Lucy Pilkington, Emma Turner, (Keele University trainee science/geology teachers) based on an activity designed by the Science Department of Congleton High School ELI - A core activity; piecing together evidence for the composition of the Earth's core